+-Welcome

Welcome to Enchanting Love, a literate mature animanga +16 Omegaverse RP. We're a brand-new community that's welcoming and open to all. Come discover the world of how people find their mates and long-term friends. Let us help you find your destined mate. Images from zerochan, google, zerochan, and other various resources. Series characters belong to their respective creators and original characters belong to the members of this forum.

 

Valentine's Day



SmiTTy
Jazcat
Admin
Co-Admin
Kris
Lissa
Mod
Writing Mod
Yeji
OPEN
Mod
Pack Mod
Omegaverse Lore
FAQ
Setting
Rules
Guilded
Face Claims
26
Alphas
21
Betas
20
Omegas
9
Unknowns
76 Total

Author Topic: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?  (Read 252 times)

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

guest34

  • Guest
A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« on: October 21, 2021, 01:58:57 pm »
Today was a wonderful day in Ueno Park, the skies were blue and there wasn't a cloud in sight. It was the perfect kind of day for Nimiko to go for a jog through the park. Nimiko loved days like this, they give her a mild reminder of home, how life used to be. Before this whole mess with her sister. It gave her peace. The park was basically silent today, too, long periods of complete silence only broken up by the occasional chatter from the birds in the trees. Nimiko always had this childish wonder about her, always wondering what the birds talked about. Did they talk about her? Did they notice her at all? Unfortunately, all she could do is guess.

However, whenever she walked near the forest, something always felt... off to her... She never let this get to her though - besides, the park wasn't completely empty today. There was a single individual, from a distance, this person looked around the same height as Nimiko, but as she walked closer to say hi, she realized that this person wasn't the same height as her, but in fact, in a rare sight for her, completely towered over Nimiko.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter


Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 02:25:37 pm »
Gio was enjoying his sight seeing of Japan, the skies were clear, there was an occasional cool breeze, and the scenery was breathtaking. Today he'd decided to take a stroll through the local park, and found it was unusually quiet today, he'd not seen another soul since he'd stepped foot from the busy streets. While he appreciated the quiet, it was a little unnerving, and if it weren't for the fact that the local wildlife were still chirping away, he'd have thought something was wrong. That said he tensed a little when he sensed someone approaching, apparently a jogger, who seemed harmless enough and unarmed as far as he could tell.

He raised a brow as she got closer and apparently wished to greet him, so the Dragon flashed a polite smile and bowed slightly when she reached him, well slightly for one of his stature, but his eyes, golden and slitted were still hunting for signs of danger from the stranger. "Hello there. Can I help you with something?" He asked peering down at the woman, she didn't appear like a local. Maybe she was American, Americans like to do things like this, stopping to chat with strangers out of the blue. Or maybe she wanted to talk to the giant with horns and a tail, who knows?
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 04:19:28 pm »
Finally, the silence was broken. Nimiko slowed to a walk, and eventually stopped completely when she had finally reached the stranger, staying a little back so she didn't have to strain to see him. She returned the smile he flashed him, placing her hands at her hips to indicate she wasn't a threat. Through Nimiko's years of tyranny, she could tell when someone was searching for potential danger, and this case was very obvious to her. Nimiko was slightly surprised that she wasn't the first one to say anything, but she didn't mind, it was nice to see someone open to chatting, especially in such an otherwise quiet park.

"Hello - And no, I don't think so" Nimiko let out a little chuckle. "It's just nice to see someone else in the park for once. It's always so quiet here. I typically jog through here whenever the weather is nice. So - What about you? What brings you to the park? Other than maybe peace and quiet. Always nice to meet someone new." Nimiko's smile brightened a little. "So... You from around here?" Nimiko wasn't usually this... Awkward around people - Though she didn't spark the conversation, so didn't have the control she usually did. Looking around while she waited for a response, she noticed the birds had gone quiet. Maybe they anticipate some fight? Or maybe it was some disturbance from these two being so close. Maybe the forest figured out Nimiko's concern around the weird feeling she got from it. It was really anyones guess.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 05:33:32 pm »
Gio raised a brow, she sure was a chatty one wasn't she? The dragon took in a deep breath before replying with a shrug and tilted his head to the side to Crack it, causing very audible pops. "Likewise. Just a little bit of exploration, I'm on a bit of a R&R trip and the woods around here caught my interest." He felt the park go entirely quiet and he didn't like that. It reminded him of an ambush just waiting to happen, wildlife always seemed to know when something bad was about to happen. Something was off about this girl but she didn't seem like a threat at the moment, so his senses were working overtime to identify what was wrong here.

He turned his gaze to the forest and scanned it, the canopy of trees provided plenty of shade and its underbrush could hide plenty of things he figured. assassins? Maybe. Monsters? Unlikely. Haunted? He never thought to check, also still unlikely, ghosts weren't all that common, he should know, he'd have made plenty at this point if they were. "Say...what can you tell me of the forest here?" He asked not looking away from the woods, blue scales slowly becoming visible on his neck., spreading up toward his jawline like a crawling ivy.
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Nimiko's eyes flicked over the dragon as he noticeably prepared himself for something. Nimiko continued to smile, not in an ominous way, but in a reassuring way. She only had guesses about the forest's quietness but didn't prepare herself for an ambush, she was more than confident in her own ability to take down an incoming threat. Being so old, Nimiko had seen practically every trick in the book. Then the dragon opened his mouth again, and Nimiko listened. He mentioned the forest. It seemed Nimiko wasn't going crazy after all.

She responded "I see." to the initial comment. A relief. To the second comment, she elaborated further "I know not of the forest. The forest has caught my attention too. Perhaps for the same reason. Something feels off about this particular forest. I can't say I have an idea as to why though." Nimiko said, watching the scales appear on the dragon's neck. The silence of the forest clearly set off his fighting instincts. Nimiko's not stupid. She knows when someone is preparing to fight. She continued her unwavering smile as she comforted the dragon. "Do not fret. I'm no threat to you. I can't imagine anything is hiding in this silent forest either. Only an idiot would try something in such broad daylight. Though - I have to wonder why the forest has gone so silent. There is certainly something off here. It's nice to see I'm not the only one that felt it."

Nimiko span around on one foot. This movement served a double purpose, to show the dragon she is not a threat, and to gather intel on her surroundings. Then nimiko stood in thought. This individual has most likely been in this realm much longer than she has, and more than likely knows more than her about whatever dwells here. This extra intel will probably be useful if these two teamed up for some sort of investigation. What might be causing this unusual feeling in both of them? What is dwelling in those woods? Again, Nimiko could only guess.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 05:50:53 pm »
Well Giovanni wasn't being subtle about his anxiousness about the situation he found himself in, so her noticing his guarded behavior wasn't too far outside of the question, though her matter of fact response lead him to think she was a bit more than she appeared. She wasn't a normal human with that horn of hers, but it also appeared to be the only potential weapon she could bear against him at the moment since her outfit didn't exactly have much in terms of hiding space. She was an experienced creature, or at least that's what he'd concluded, and either she knew what the deal with the woods was or she too was in the dark here. Either way he knew less than he'd liked at the moment. "The line between stupidity and confidence is often hard to pin down." He responded. Nature abhors a vacuum, and there nature's not happy about this it seemed.

"Something unnatural is afoot, and it just so happens my expert on that sort of fuckery is currently sleeping in today." The dragon grumbled mostly to himself, then a moment later a breeze blew through the park and the silence was broken up for a few seconds by the sound of leaves shifting and falling from their branches before settling upon the ground. If it were a painting or just a picture one would call the sight breathtaking in passing honestly, but for the moment, being there in person was unsettling. Gio hated the fact that he couldn't pick out what exactly it was that annoyed him so about the scene, but he decided he was going to find out. "Well, let's hope satisfaction works for me, like it did the cat." The dragon stepped off the path toward the forest's edge.
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 08:51:10 pm »
Nimiko smirked as she watched the dragon analyze her. She had a mild idea what he could be thinking right now but wasn't 100% on what exactly it might be. He lingered on her horn a little longer than the rest of her. What could this dragon be thinking about? Does he think she's going to use it as a weapon or something? Surely he should know that a single horn on the side of one's head obviously isn't a weapon. Nimiko chuckled at this guy's comment about confidence and stupidity, responding matter of factly with "Yes, but a keen eye can decipher between them. Though, I have to wonder what you're implying"

Nimiko walked around the dragon, inspecting him as she did, and using this opportunity of being in his blind spot to switch her outfit, into her suit. She wasn't on her jog anymore, so why be in such clothes? As much as Nimiko enjoyed her jogging clothes, her suit was much more suitable for this situation. It was obvious from her walk around that he wasn't planning on fighting her, instead, he seemed more set on finding out what's so off about the forest.

As if on cue, another odd occurrence happened. Nimiko watched as the leaves shifted around the pair. Something was definitely afoot. Just as it visibly annoyed the dragon, it irritated Nimiko that she didn't know what was happening, and she was certainly keen to find out. She watched as the dragon headed towards the forest, shortly after, following along herself. She wasn't quite sure what he meant about satisfaction and what it had to do with a cat, but she didn't worry about it. She finally broke this new silence by properly introducing herself. "The name is Nimiko, by the way. Nimiko Akuma. Though, some may know me as Loki, God of mischief. I hope you don't mind if I tag along with this investigation, I may be of use to you" She said, her regular smile returning. 

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 10:24:18 pm »
Magically changing clothes, odd speech pattern, not human, and claiming to be a norse god. Either she was a magic loon, what she says she was, or just bored and trying to start a conversation, he couldn't be sure, though now he was a bit more wary of her, rarely did much good come from a bored mage. "You may call me Giovanni Tempest, and you can do as you please so long as you cause me no mischief during my hunt." His eyes only moving to her when she passed before them to begin with. They'd walked a good distance into the brush and wood, the path they'd been treading earlier now blocked by foliage. Eventually his gaze settled upon an little shrine at the base of a large tree, and above it on a relatively high branch, old worn and frayed piece of rope, cut and dangling from a branch of the tree. "Well...that's not foreboding and depressing." He stopped and raised a hand to his chin rubbing it while another breeze passed through the woods once more.

"Of course this place would be off at this time of year. Japanese ghost stories rarely end well for the mortals involved too if what Giana said is true." He said aloud, mostly to himself. His little girl had gotten on a ghost hunting kick shortly before he'd departed, showing him all sorts of videos and information on Japanese folklore about spirits and such. He half wished he'd paid more attention to those videos now, they may have had useful information. Then again most human folk's way of dealing with spirits is to frick off and leave them be, or call a local priest to tell the spirit to frick off instead. He wasn't exactly a divine being himself, at least not yet, and certainly not a particularly devout member of any sort of church. He wondered if lightning could kill a ghost...or if you could technically kill a ghost. He'd heard souls are destructible, but usually there was some sort of magic involved, or gods, or just a soul going someplace dumb and falling into a soul river or something.

"So...Don't like the look of that."

Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 08:33:39 pm »
Nimiko followed behind the dragon at a steady pace, watching carefully as they both walked through the wood to make sure neither of them got trapped. She listened to Giovanni introduce himself and she chuckled as he mentioned her title, quickly responding. "Worry not, it is purely a title of my past. Nowadays I much prefer to help out than cause mischief." Nimiko said, occasionally pushing the occasional branch out of the way as they proceeded. Nimiko watched Giovanni closely, making sure he doesn't try to be sneaky, while also making sure she doesn't walk into him if he stopped.

Just as the silence between them during the walk let Nimiko get a moment to herself, the both of them stopped. She looked up with Giovanni at the foreboding tree, noticing the frayed rope almost immediately. "Yeah. Didn't expect this in such an otherwise peaceful forest. Something is definitely off about this though. This time it isn't the forest though." Nimiko mentioned, the breeze pushing her hair a little as it swept past the pair. The breeze isn't usually this... Inconsistent. Something was definitely going on, and the two of them were going to figure it out whether the forest liked it or not.

Then this man mentioned ghost stories. There weren't very many of those back where Nimiko is from, due to the fact she has visited the realm of the dead on multiple occasions and has watched the recently deceased pass on more than once. However, Nimiko expected this wasn't the realm of the dead she had visited. During her limited time on earth, Nimiko hasn't really heard much about how death works, but she has heard the occasional stories from children. None of this really bothered Nimiko though, if there was a realm to visit to speak to these ghosts, Nimiko wouldn't hesitate to visit it. The silence had encompassed the pair again, so Nimiko decided to pipe up. "Well, if those stories are true, I'm glad I'm not exactly a mortal being myself. This may give us a ledge to stand on to figure out just what has happened." Nimiko said in a lighter joke while being as serious as before.  Unfortunately, this scene wasn't exactly giving the pair of them many clues.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 09:42:40 pm »
Giovanni looked about the area for any sign of activity. Maybe it was the fact that he had all of those stories in the back of his mind making his scales crawl, but he was willing to bet committing die above the shrine to a local spirit or deity would result in something odd happening. The sun was getting a lower and it wasn't doing wonders for the light levels out here, not that it caused him much issue. He could feel the air getting crisper, to the point he could barely make out his breath on the air, not quite freezing out but it was getting closer. He returned his gaze to the shrine, the small stone structure reminded him the classical architecture of the region but in small exaggerated form, and it had seen better days.

It was covered from foot to tip with dirt, leaves and small withering vines, leaving much of its two or so square foot size obscured at least partially. At this point he was caught up in his own thoughts and didn't really give much mind to her words and knelt down to get a better look. Under it's 'roof' there was small worn photo and a half melted candle, the photo was of a couple it seemed, though the elements had taken their toll on the old image, making it impossible to discern much else than that. The candle was a plain white one relatively thick, perhaps a couple inches in diameter if that, sitting on a rusted metal dish covered in wax and debris. If he had to guess, the one who hung above either brought the photo and candle before doing the deed, or perhaps their partner in the photo, whomever it was that didn't take their own life, brought these in some sort of memorial.

"Perhaps...?" He mumbled a little before reaching forward, his hand slowly getting covered by scales and his fingernails turning black and growing a couple inches to sharp points toward the candle. Carefully, he moved his tips of his pointer finger and thumb nails on either side of the wick and with a snap of electricity arcing between them, the wick ignited, casting its warm glow across the nearby forest floor, and a little up the tree it stood before. He stood and stepped back, still looking at the shrine as his hand returned to its human appearance. Nothing of note seemed to happen however for a few moments, but just as he opened this mouth to say 'Well it was worth a try.' The candle's light shifted from the golden orange hue of normal fire to a ghostly white flame.
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 12:47:21 pm »
Nimiko looked around the open area with Giovanni, going the opposite way to him. There wasn't much around Nimiko's side of the opening other than some unusually shaped plants. She noticed the sun going down around them, while not having the ability to see in the dark, Nimiko could quite easily grab a torch if she needed one. Despite there not being much unusual except for the unusually shaped plantlife, Nimiko continued to investigate further. As Giovanni did, Nimiko also noticed the weather turn chill, but due to her countless adventures to realms much colder than Midgard, the cold typically didn't affect Nimiko, so it didn't bother her that it was getting later on, so the investigation continues.

Nimiko's own mini-investigation into the plant life didn't end up being very fruitful, and just as she was about to turn around to let Giovanni know, she noticed him investigating something clearly very interesting. The area was decently sized, so instead of just walking over, she decided to open a portal between herself and Giovanni, and walked through, appearing behind him. She watched him uncover the miniature shrine, Nimiko had never seen one of these before, not being from around here, so she just watched him investigate it.

"My investigation found nothing much of interest other than some oddly shaped plantlife. How about you?" Nimiko said, watching him light the candle, and watching the flame change color. "This white flame reminds me of Hel. A similarly colored flame sat atop the pillars of the walkway." Nimiko added, thinking to herself what may be happening. She's never seen this outside of Hel, so it was certainly an odd occurrence, but it was already obvious before this area had some sort of connection with death, they just had to figure out exactly what the connection was.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 01:16:07 pm »
Giovanni stood up straight and took a few steps back to get a good look of the ghost light and the shrine as a whole. He knew this wasn't some sort of laced candle that burned a special color, he didn't smell the unusual smell of magnesium sulphate in the air, and the fact it went from normal flames to this white was unnerving. When his impromptu companion mentioned she'd seen flames such as these in Hel, he grew a little suspicious. "This had better not be mischief in the making little one. Now is not the time to be making jest."  he grumbled as he looked around in the growing darkness. He'd yet to spot anything of note. ""Though I must say I'd prefer some mischief over the alternative."

Nothing seemed to happen. Not ghostly figure appeared, the rope hardly swayed in the irregular breeze, the candle flickered as one would expect a mundane flame to, but he still didn't like it. "You don't have any electronics on you do you?" He asked, partially out of courtesy, partly because he was absolutely going to wreck any electronics in the nearby area in just a few moments, and if she was pulling a prank with video cameras, it'd please him to know he broke all of the tools she'd been using to record his discomfort would be damage d beyond recovery.
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 08:18:26 pm »
Nimiko watched as Giovanni stood up and stepped back, moving out of his way as he did so. "This is not an act of jest, simply a recollection of the flame color." Nimiko stated with a snap, her usual smile completely disappearing. Nimiko didn't appreciate being blamed for something that wasn't her doing, especially in a situation such as this.

Nimiko noticed the rope swinging in the breeze, tilting her head slightly before returning her attention to Giovanni who looked like he was preparing some sort of ability. Nimiko stepped back a little, not because she thought it might hurt because she could quite easily escape before injury, but because it's never pleasant to be in the epicenter of an explosion. Then he spoke again. "I barely understand the technology here in the first place, let alone would I dare carry it around with me. Nimiko responded. She had seen such devices when exploring the city, but never paid much attention to them.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2021, 10:20:31 pm »
Giovanni shrugged and continued to charge his mini EMP blast, a technique that honestly has come quite in handy in blackout raids, may prove useful against spirits, if not it would at least get rid of any recording equipment in the surrounding hundred feet or so. He wasn't going to try to black out half of Tokyo after all. Electricity was visibly arcing itself across his body, sparks between the hairs on his arms and light show between his horns, it quickly became clear that if anything not quite insulated enough touched him, it would be the last thing the unfortunate thing did. He spoke next in a calm tone but in a harsh language. "Virednith."

As the last syllable passed his lips the cloud of electricity he had gathered around himself around him, highlighting him in a brilliant white blue flash of light before exploding outward as fast as lightning in all directions. The blast would feel a tingle to any organic being in the vicinity, fry any electronics not properly shielded, which there were practically no commercial devices like that out there, and he hoped that his minor knowledge about ghosts and their affinity for fooling with electronics and a few movie's he's watched had taught him anything else, would serve to disturb any living dead, spirits or otherwise enough to make themselves known, if not disperse entirely.
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2021, 05:39:43 pm »
Nimiko
Brushing herself off after the blast, Nimiko stepped back towards Giovanni. "Anything come up?" She asked the dragon. Looking around Nimiko didn't notice anything change after the EMP blast. Nothing seemed to drop out of the sky, nor make any extra noise afterward. As the night grew darker, Nimiko sighed due to the uneventful night so far. If this pair didn't soon get some sort of light source, or find out the source of the disturbances, they'd have to leave again. Looking over at Giovanni's dragon physique, he could potentially see in the dark, but she couldn't be sure, so she asked. "Need me to grab a light source? Or are you alright?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mori
Feeling the disturbance inside of her forest, Mori teleported nearby, floating into the open area. She noticed the two stood around and knew one of them caused the disturbance. Unfortunately, she didn't know which. At the moment, Mori didn't bother projecting herself as she gathered intelligence around what these two were doing.  She simply watched them.

 


+-Cbox

 
 ik

+-Affiliates

RPG Rating Tainted Onez RPG-D Little Terreille BlackHeart Listings Strawberry Rain
Love Hina Generation Sengoku Horizon MILLION DOLLAR TRAIL Valeria University RPG-Name RPG-Name
RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name
RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name
RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name