+-Welcome

Welcome to Enchanting Love, a literate mature animanga +16 Omegaverse RP. We're a brand-new community that's welcoming and open to all. Come discover the world of how people find their mates and long-term friends. Let us help you find your destined mate. Images from zerochan, google, zerochan, and other various resources. Series characters belong to their respective creators and original characters belong to the members of this forum.

 

Valentine's Day



SmiTTy
Jazcat
Admin
Co-Admin
Kris
Lissa
Mod
Writing Mod
Yeji
OPEN
Mod
Pack Mod
Omegaverse Lore
FAQ
Setting
Rules
Guilded
Face Claims
26
Alphas
21
Betas
20
Omegas
9
Unknowns
76 Total

Author Topic: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?  (Read 252 times)

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2021, 05:59:52 pm »
Giovanni stood still for a few moments as the blast dissipated before turning to his new companion. "There's something around here, but it's too faint to pinpoint, even with how small the area of effect was." He was good at feeling electricity in the air around him, it was one of the reasons why his kind tended to make their nests along shorelines and islands. The storms off the coast were beautiful things to behold, but exhilarating to actually fly through for a blue dragon. But what he felt was far less than a storm, and quite frankly he couldn't match it to anything he's sensed before.

It wasn't a power line or transformer, nor a charging station or small electric moped or anything. But it was there at the edge of the blast none the less. He scanned upward with his golden eyes, he didn't need worry about the dark in any situation but again found nothing. Perhaps whatever was there fled, or maybe it was just his imagination playing tricks on him, either way he was asked a question. "I can see quite fine in the dark, but thank you for your consideration. What about you?" His eyes turned from the skies to her and then the way they came from, he may need to guide her out of the wood if not.
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2021, 02:58:04 am »
As Giovanni had finished and started talking, Nimiko felt the forest change. It felt different. The feeling of unease about the forest grew stronger after that. It certainly wasn't Giovanni's energy that caused it. No. It was whatever was originally causing the issues for them both. If this disturbance is a person, it would mean they're closer, but neither of them knew for sure what this was. Then Giovanni spoke once more. "Indeed. I feel it, whatever is disturbing us has grown stronger. If this is a person, it would mean they have come closer." Nimiko responded.

Nimiko looked around to see if she could see anybody hidden in the woods. She could not. Then Giovanni spoke again, which reminded Nimiko, she should probably get a light. "I cannot. However, I have a solution. Please give me a second" Nimiko says before "disappearing". In reality, Nimiko has used a portal to transport herself home to grab her lantern. Barely a couple of seconds later, Nimiko appeared back, with her lantern in hand. However, it was unlit. Giovanni could probably light it, so she asked, as well as suggesting something. "Could you light my lantern, please? Also - since whatever is disturbing us both seems closer, perhaps we may be able to draw it out somehow?" Nimiko said, opening her lantern for a flame.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2021, 08:34:03 am »
The dragon shrugged and did to the lantern the same thing that he did to the candle. The lanterns wick ignited with no issues and he withdrew his hand before returning his gaze back to the shrine. "I can't even smell whatever is around. Makes me half wish my sister was around." He sighed, it was a shame greater spellcasting was a matrilineal trait in his family. "Only thing I can think of to draw whatever's out here in is to aggravate it. Unless you've got a better idea"

He looked back at her and crossed his arms. His plan was to smash the creepy shrine, and he wasn't sure that was a good plan either. That said, he wasn't some sort of god like she claimed to be, so he deferred to her in this situation. "Any ideas?" The chill was getting colder, and the days light had nearly abandoned them entirely now, leaving them almost entirely illuminated by the lantern and the creepy ghost candle.
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2021, 12:25:10 pm »
Nimiko twisted the dial on the lantern as Giovanni lit it, making sure it stayed lit as it was, lifting it afterward to light up the surroundings. Satisfied with her light source, Nimiko diverted her gaze back to the shrine as Giovanni did, trying to come up with an idea on how to draw out the potential spirit. "I'm not sure aggravating it is the best idea. We haven't any idea what it even is, let alone what power it may have." Nimiko responded, looking around at the forest surrounding them, watching small movements in the leaves of the trees, and miscellaneous foliage moving unnaturally. Nimiko was now sure whatever was disturbing them is in this opening with them.

"Perhaps, we just have to ask nicely." Nimiko suggested over her shoulder as she knelt to admire the foliage closer. It was pretty clear whatever is disturbing them both doesn't mean any harm. It hadn't tried attacking them yet. Perhaps it was preparing an attack? Surely not, they're both well aware of its presence by now, so it'd be pretty stupid to attack now. Why would it wait so long? Maybe it's just shy? Either way, they were going to draw whatever this was out, whether it liked it or not.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2021, 12:37:38 pm »
He shrugged, she was the one who's apparently been to hell. "Alright, we'll go with your plan. You do the asking, I'm not sure whatever is here wants to speak with the dragon if given the choice." He replied and deferred to her. Even when speaking softly and trying to be kind. He's been told he can come across as intimidating regardless to those who don't know him personally.

He stepped aside and kept an eye on things. The irregular breeze carrying chilled air had yet to cease in the darkness. If something did come for them from the shadows around them he'd see to it that it would be the last thing that it'd do. Though he wondered if one could actually kill a ghost. He half hoped he'd find out, it'd make a fun story to tell. 'Even your ghost won't escape the Tempest!' was a Damn good testament to his skill. Shame nobody would likely believe him.
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2021, 12:47:28 pm »
Nimiko
Nimiko nodded to the dragon as he told her to go ahead with her plan. Nimiko took a deep breath as she placed a leaf in her palm and closed her hands around it, closing her eyes as well. She was sure whatever this was, was connected to the forest somehow, so this was probably the best course of action to take. Nimiko spoke softly "Hello spirit. We mean you no harm. If you could ever so kindly show yourself if you can. If not, please let us know, I've noticed you manipulating the forest, so I'm sure you'll figure something out." After this exchange, Nimiko stood back up with a smile, hoping to finally get some sort of answer to what was bugging her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mori
Mori watched the exchange go down, nodding to Nimiko as she respectfully pled to the forest spirit. She thought to herself whether this was a good idea or not. They didn't seem the type to attack her after being so kind and respectful... Well, the one with the singular horn, at least. Mori didn't particularly like the thought of them smashing a shrine, no matter how small, so she's at least glad they decided against that. Eventually, Mori decided to project herself.

The spirit appeared in front of the pair, seemingly surrounded by flowers, but it was just a handful extra in her hair. She had a mild smile on her face, happy to have the chance to show herself to someone. She gave the pair a little bow of respect, beginning to speak, Mori introduced herself, completely forgetting that they wouldn't be able to hear her due to the fact she's a spirit. Thankfully, Mori didn't say much other than introducing herself, as she waited for the other two to respond.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2021, 01:03:20 pm »
"Bahamut's trekis!" The blue dragon spoke in his native tongue when the creature appeared before them. He didn't expect for them to just appear like that, or appear as they did. Honestly he was expecting some sort of weird abomination or horror, like a faceless humanoid, or something with tentacles and glowing eyes. She looked like a human woman, one who seemed to enjoy flowers that we're currently out of season. Or were they ghost flowers? Can flowers have ghosts? Questions for another time, and if they do, he's going to have something for that history professor that kept trying to make his daughter go vegan.

The spirit didn't seem threatening, and what's more it seemed to be saying something, though he didn't catch her voice while her lips moved. "Er...come again?" he responded crossing his arms and tilting his head to the side a little trying to hear her better while keeping an eye on her.
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2021, 03:18:44 pm »
Nimiko
Thanks to her countless years of experience, Nimiko wasn't that surprised when the spirit appeared in front of them both. It seemed that Giovanni had the opposite reaction, which made Nimiko chuckle. Though, what Nimiko didn't expect, was for them to be so humanoid, or so fully formed. From Nimiko's own experience in Hel, the dead typically appeared much mistier and very skeletal in form. While humanoid, sure, they were typically unrecognizable from themselves when alive. The spirit seemed to appear feminine, and actually quite pretty. Perhaps they were a human at some point? Nimiko could only guess, unfortunately.

Nimiko watched the girl's lips move as she apparently spoke, but it seemed no words came out. Unfortunately, despite her age, Nimiko never learned to read lips. "Oh- Hello there." Nimiko looked back at Giovanni, who seemed to be just as confused as she was about what the girl had said. "I assume you're the one who's drawn our attention to this forest. By the sound of it - well, lack thereof, are you unable to communicate to our realm? Nimiko asked the girl, who stood much shorter than the pair of them, though, that wasn't very surprising.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mori
After the visible and audible confusion from the pair in front of her, Mori remembered that she couldn't communicate with people like she used to. This was the first time in practically 200 years that Mori had interacted with anyone at all, so it was understandable that she'd forget, especially since she typically just interacted with animals. She had to think to herself for a moment, before being interrupted in her thought with the girl with similar hair to her saying hello and figuring out the situation pretty quickly, which surprised Mori.

Mori waved back to the girl with a smile on her face, and then waved over to the giant dragon dude behind her, before returning to her thought. Then an idea popped into the spirit's head. She'd have to potentially spell out her name with her abilities. With that thought, she waved her hands around, and the plants responded, slowly growing and weaving their way, vaguely into the shape of letters, spelling out "M O R I".

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2021, 03:51:39 pm »
Giovanni read the word that had grown before them and frowned. "Mori?" His stance shifted back to a more guarded one once more. He had a few different ideas to what that meant, and his first instinct drew on those first. In Italian it could mean 'I Died.' which would be a sort of awkward way to confirm his companions theory, though alternatively it could just mean 'Die.' in Latin, which would certainly be a threat if he'd heard one. That said it was in the kanji for forest, and the logical part of his mind told him, or at least the part his daughter had filled with ghost facts, that ghosts probably aren't going to be foreigners.

"So...either she knows we're foreigners and just threatened us, or her name is basically Woods?." He spoke keeping an eye out for any rogue plants growing in suspicious ways, but nothing seemed to be growing or slithering around them aside from the name. Even ghostly as she was she seemed like a local too so probably safe to say the third option was true.
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2021, 06:16:41 pm »
Nimiko
Nimiko watched the spirit as she thought to herself about the message in front of her. 'Mori'. If this was the spirit's name, then it'd certainly be ironic, in multiple languages. The spirit could be telling us they died, which, is at least somewhat obvious, considering they're a spirit. Alternatively, they could be threatening the pair, but that'd be pretty stupid. Overall, Nimiko couldn't quite gather what the spirit was trying to tell the pair of them, leaving them both looking puzzled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mori

Watching the pair of tall individuals' faces go from curiosity to confusion, one of them even looking a little defensive made Mori let out a little sigh to herself. She knew her name would come to bite her in the butt at some point. Judging by the confusion and defensiveness, more could gather that the pair couldn't figure out if this was a threat or just her name. Mori thought to herself for a second before gesturing at the top left of her chest, as if trying to draw some sort of nametag onto. Thankfully, due to 200 years of being dead, and the forest vicinity to the city, it wasn't too hard for Mori to get equated to certain modern things, though, it seemed name tags were going out of fashion now-a-days. Hopefully this would get the message across. If not, Mori didn't really have any other ideas.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Re: A stroll through the forest... What could go wrong?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2021, 06:42:39 pm »
Giovanni furrowed his brow at the gesture, she was gesturing over her chest for some reason. Then he had an idea and reached up to his own neck and fished out his dog tags, they were old somewhat oxidized and at this point hard to read in anymore. If the average military memorabilia nerd saw it they'd probably pay a good sum for it at this point. He undid the cheap chain and held the small metal tags out toward her. "Are you referencing a tags by chance? So like this?" He offered the spirit a yes or no explanation, in perhaps a weird way to bridge a gap. "My name is Giovanni, not that you'd be able to read from these old things. Not anymore at least."
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Mori
Mori's usual mild smile returned to her face as the dragon in front of her guessed pretty much correctly on what she meant, and in response, the spirit nodded her head in the direction of the dragon. With that situation sorted, Mori relaxed a little and returned the plants to before they were twisted into her name. At this point, she was well aware communication was going to be a struggle between the trio, but alas, the spirit powered through. She couldn't help but wonder what the pair in front of her was doing in the forest, especially at this shrine, though with her last efforts being pretty un-fruitful, Mori wasn't sure how to ask. Nevertheless, Mori kept at a distance, with her mild smile, as to come off as least threatening as possible, though, she wasn't sure how she'd be the threatening one out of the three of them, standing at what felt like at least a foot below than the pair.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
Giovanni crossed his arms and shifted his weight to one foot as he looked the spirit up and down, gauging her as best he could to get her measure. The odd feeling he felt outside the wood earlier was certainly stronger with the spirit around now. "It seems you're source of the curious sensation I felt a while ago. Or something related to it. Are there any more spirits about, or are you alone between these trees?" He asked his golden eyes glancing about, the cut rope still on his mind from earlier. He wasn't too familiar with what came after death, as he imagined most weren't either. "Not that it's any issue, just something got under my scales even though I was on a walk way just side the woods."
Huh...neat

guest34

  • Guest
Mori

Mori was taken back by the sudden existential question hurled in her direction, and it took the spirit a good second or two to actually process it. However, once figured out, Mori was pretty quick to attempt to answer question, however.  Mori had to think for a second despite being quick to respond, as she'd never really thought about the prospect of other spirits in the forest, surely she would have come in contact with them within the 200 years she protected the forest, would she not? To this, Mori could only come up with the conclusion that no, there weren't any other spirits about, so she shook her head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nimiko

Much as it clearly did the spirit in front of her, Giovanni's question made Nimiko think for a second, Mori really was the first fully formed 'ghost' and this really made her think. What made this girl so special? What was so different between this girl and the thousands, millions of other wayward souls she'd seen in Hel? This completely perplexed her. If there was some way to properly communicate with this girl, Nimiko wanted to find it. Her mind flooded with questions which to ask the ghost girl before her, it was almost overwhelming for Nimiko. How come she didn't pass on to Hel? How come we can see her? Why is she here? The only thing that gave Nimiko any sort of reassurance in this situation was the fact she found out what was bugging her so much.

Offline Zach Green

  • Unknowns-θ
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
    • Zacausa#8071
    • View Profile
  • OOC Name: Zach
"Curious. I wonder if this sensation is something that is just a natural response of the living to the dead. Maybe Green has experience on the subject given his heritage." He mostly mumbled to himself. His unlikely fair folk friend was essentially a personification of death, at least as far as old stories could be counted upon to give a true account. Supposedly his kind had the power to call the name of those destined to die and their souls would leave their vessels to never be seen again, either guided to the next world...or otherwise in some tales. Then again he'd never heard the lieutenant claim he'd ever dealt with spirits of any kind before.
Huh...neat

 


+-Cbox

 
 ik

+-Affiliates

RPG Rating Tainted Onez RPG-D Little Terreille BlackHeart Listings Strawberry Rain
Love Hina Generation Sengoku Horizon MILLION DOLLAR TRAIL Valeria University RPG-Name RPG-Name
RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name
RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name
RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name RPG-Name